The US Department of Health and Human Services has unveiled Healthy People 2020, the nation’s new 10-year goals and objectives for health promotion and disease prevention. And, for the first time, “Blood Disorders and Blood Safety” is one of the topic areas. Objectives in this section for the nation include:
1. Increasing the number of women with von Willebrand disease (VWD) who are timely and accurately diagnosed
2. Increasing the number of providers who refer women with symptoms suggestive of inherited bleeding disorders for diagnosis and treatment
3. Reducing the number of people with hemophilia who develop reduced joint mobility due to bleeding into joints
4. Increasing the number of people with bleeding disorders who receive recommended vaccinations
5. Increasing the number of people who donate blood
6. Reducing the number of people who develop adverse events resulting from the use of blood and blood products
[Steps for Living: Blood Safety and Universal Data Collection]
Create a Health App for the Nation
Healthy People is also offering a unique opportunity for people to develop health apps that would help professionals working on the new national health objectives.
Join Healthy People 2020 On Twitter!