My Life, Our Future is pleased to announce that five pilot sites have received Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval and the first patients have already been enrolled in the program — significant milestones in the effort to make genotyping available to people with hemophilia at no or very low cost.
The five My Life, Our Future IRB-approved pilot sites are:
- Bleeding and Clotting Disorders Institute, Peoria, IL.
- Center for Comprehensive Care & Diagnosis of Inherited Blood Disorders, Orange, CA.
- Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center, Indianapolis, IN.
- The Pennsylvania State University and The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
- Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA.
Six additional pilot sites are currently in the process of IRB review as the program builds momentum toward being available nationwide. My Life, Our Future, a campaign for progress in hemophilia, is a partnership between ATHN, the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF), Puget Sound Blood Center (PSBC) and Biogen Idec Hemophilia.
- Read the My Life, Our Future cover story in the Spring 2013 issue of HemAware.
- Get the quick facts about My Life, Our Future.